Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Steady State Prime

Monday, 2/02/09

My intention for the day was to fast until dinner, which is a slight modification to my ZTP plan.
This incorporation of Intermittent Fasting is something that I've recently considered (this past weekend sometime during the Transformers 2 Superbowl Spot) from some further ponderings.
I only lasted until lunch however, and succumbed to some incessant hunger pangs. Not bad for the first day of attempted fasting, considering that in my previously rotund life, I would consider fasting if there were a moment greater than 4 seconds between bites of sandwich #'s 3 & 4.

Meals
100pm- 6 oz. Baked Chicken w/Broccoli & 2 Tbspns Udo's Choice ( Cal = 600)
700pm- 8oz Rib Eye Steak (Calories = 500)
1000pm- Post Gym Met-Rx Workout Shake (Calories = 250)
Total Daily Carbohydrates = 25 grams, Total Daily Calories = 1,350

At 830pm, I went to the gym to do a relatively painless low-intensity cardio session- I walked 2.0 miles on the treadmill at about 4.0mph at varying inclines. This session burned approximately 200 calories, and rounded the day in a productive fashion.

In retrospect, as this wasn't truly a fast day, I did go quite low on the calories. This is a top of mind consideration to optimize the ratio between fat loss and muscle retention.

2 comments:

  1. do you find the met-rxs helpful? are they really only 25 grams of carbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Met-Rx are helpful this week as I ran out of Whey Protein Powder (Only 4g/carb per serving), but am expecting my order to come in this weekend. Until then, Met-Rx is my best substitute. They actually have only about 19g/carb when factoring in for dietary fiber, making them an excellent post workout protein shake option.

    ReplyDelete