Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lord of the Meals

Last night, after posting my daily meals, I didn't realize that I wasn't finished. I attended a short birthday celebration at BJ's Brewhouse in Newark, and was forced to have a meal as a part of the celebrations. I understand that this is the polite and correct thing to do, and thus had a small crouton-free ceasar salad with a side of blackened chicken breast. I subsequently headed to San Francisco for an evening at the Bubble Lounge, and treated myself to 2 diet cokes. Overall, I am very proud of my resolve, as the temptation of the prized BJ pizookie & pepperoni pizza were difficult to resist. Another conclusion I realized during this transformation is that it is very difficult to stay on course, even if one's resolve is intact! For example, in the course of proper etiquette and consideration for my friend, I had to eat at least something. Although I was "clean," I went over my caloric target.

Saturday's Updated Ratios of Calories/Carbs/Protein: 2,400/18g/240g
This morning, I had breakfast with a school colleague, and a mirror image of yesterday occured. This breakfast was planned in advance, and as such, did not feel that it would be proper to cancel. We had BF at a local cafe called Katey's corner in San Ramon, and I had a nice low carb breakfast of 3 over-easy eggs with a 8 oz. piece of medium cooked prime rib. I washed it all down with black coffee w/a bit of half & half. Again, as yesterday, I had deviated from plan.

The Conclusion? Except for next Saturday's clean refeed, I will take a que from Mr. Tolkien and live like a hobbit. I will abstain from any social meals, gatherings, or functions which could take me off track. It is pure PSMF tomorrow through Friday, and next Sunday through Saturday night of the 7th.

Meals/Supplements:
900am- 3 Eggs with 8 oz. Prime Rib & Coffee w/H&H (Calories = 900, Pro = 60g, CHO = 4g)
1200pm- 2 Chicken Breasts (Calories = 220, Pro = 42g, CHO = 6g)
330pm- 2 Turkey Burger Patties w/1 Multi-Vitamin (Calories = 380, Protein = 62g, CHO = 0g)
730pm- 1 Chicken Leg + Whey Protein Shake (Calories = 650, Protein = 80g, CHO = 4g)

Calories/Carbs/Protein: 2,150/14g/244g

Training:
Cardio: 30 Minutes Elliptical = 400 Calories Expended

Biceps: 1. Barbell Curl (45*10. 65*10, 75*8, 85*6, 85*6) 2. DB Curl (30*10, 40*8, 35*8)
Weekend Refeed Commentary:

The weekend refeed went in excess of what I had planned, by a margin of approximately 550 calories. Not a disaster, however not to plan. My plan for Tues-Fri of this week is to stick to the hardcore PSMF, and keep daily caloric intake around 1,000 or so. Tomorrow, as I am easing back into it, I may have a slightly higher caloric intake of around 1,200 calories or so. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, social occasions are tough to navigate. No worries, stay strong, try and hit your weight goal, and it will be easier in the future to moderate deviations from your meal schedules.

    ReplyDelete