Thursday, June 9, 2011

Feed The Fat Day



As today is not a training day, as per my "Lean Gains" protocol, I shall be eating at less than maintenance in the range of 500 - 1000 calories. I estimate my daily maintenance calories at approximately 2,500 per day. As such, I will strive to eat between 1,500 - 2,000. I am currently on campus, and just broke my 18 hour fast (630pm - 1230pm next day) with 2 Carl's Junior Turkey Burgers. Although I am not low carb on my off days per se, I will strive to keep my carbs under 100 grams. This will ensure a lower level of insulin, whilst keeping me out of ketosis (my lower limit is 50 grams).
Meal 1 @ 1230PM
2 Carls Junior Turkey Burgers (Cal = 1,000, Carbs = 90g , Pro = 60g)
As I am close to my 100g CHO daily limit, I will likely have a salad for dinner with a lot of meat/eggs, while trying to keep caloric load at a reasonable 600-700 calories. Finally, I will join my buddy for a drink, and will stick to 1 straight spirit drink with no mixer. I shall update this blog in the morning regardless as to what I ate exactly.

500pm Update

For dinner, I held strong and made a salad from the UCLA Dining Cafeteria- It has several ounces of chicken, tuna, and also has a side of cottage cheese and some chopped ham. I guess-timate that this salad has about 600-700 calories at most. Pasted below is the photo from my I-Phone.

Salad (Cal - 650, Protein = 40 grams)



1 comment: