Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saturday Night Fever = Saturday Night Failure

Alas, last night did not go as planned. Although I held strong until the evening, I went a bit off the rails and had several beers, a few glasses of wine, some ice cream, etc. Although not a TOTAL disaster, I still had upwards of 3,800 calories yesterday (guesstimate). I admit my mistake, and will push forward! Today, Anusha & I had planned a date night. Our favorite restaurant in town was closed, so we had to go the 2nd best place- Sadly, it is CPK! I ate very light before dinner, and enjoyed myself quite liberally with Anusha in the evening-

Meal 1 @ 100pm-
1 Eating Right Beef w/Veggies (240 Cal) + 1 Can Tuna (100 Cal) + 1 Scoop Protein Powder (160 Cal) = 500 Cal
700pm Dinner @ CPK
2/3 Chicken Chipotle Pizza (800 Cal)
2/3 Spinach Artichoke Dip (600)
1 Pint Sam Adams (250)
1/2 Tiramisu (350)
Total CPK Dinner Calories = 2,000
Total Daily Caloric Amount = 2,500
Although I was higher than I wanted (initial goal = 2000 for day), I wasn't much above maintenance and I'm happy that I maintained a semblance of self-control at dinner. In the past, I definitely would have opted for several slices of bread with butter, and probably an additional beer. By even these minor abstentions, I was able to cut down close to 1,000 calories from normal. My plan for tomorrow is to train early in the morning, and keep my daily caloric target equal to about 2,000 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment