Thursday, January 22, 2009

Staying Off Course

This is what I have been doing- Not good. I have been named the official spokesperson for the newest Off Road Calcutta Rickshaw made by Tata Birla. Pretty sad, yet inspirational at the same time as I thought I'd be named after a marine vehicle.

My last posting was over a week ago, and it has been largely due to my lack of adherence to my plan. I am committing from this day forward to post daily, if even for short bits, and at the very minimum to update my food and training logs. I will also update my weight progress from time to time (when I am actually successful perhaps:). I am certainkly finding that I am more apt to post when I stay on track. I hope the reverse works for me to more stay on course due to my requirement to post daily.

Today's Eating Log-

Approximately 45 Smoked Almonds = 300 Calories
1 Oatmeal Bar = 220 Calories
Curry Chicken w/Broccoli w/ 1 Tablespoon Udo's Choice = 500 Calories
.75 lbs Filet Mignon (Peppercorn Marinade @ Bryants) = 800 Calories
Total Calories = Approximately 1,820

I am going a bit on the low side today as I will be non-gym bound both today & tomorrow. I will up my calories for the weekend as I will be doing several heavy workouts on Saturday & Sunday.

I was originally going to start my ZTP protocol this week, but will hold off until Monday when I have everything (supplements, meals, training) planned out. In the meanwhile over the next few days, I will eat low carb, keeping my daily allottment to under 50 grams a day, and will aim to maintain calories in the range of about 1,800 - 2,100.

3 comments:

  1. 1800 calories is low? no way! what are you doing eating smoked almonds and oatmeal bars? I like your plan at the end with the <50 g carb per day... remember, fat loss is max max max 4 lbs a week with a perfect plan so when in doubt just do whole foods chicken and a green salad for dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dip, below is a post and reply by Dr. Eades to my question:

    Hello Dr. Eades,

    Thank you for all of your posts on this topic.

    I had a sorta related question that ties back to a study/passage in GCBC.

    In it, Gary refers to a doctor who had patients on a 360 calorie diet that was VLC or no carb (can’t remember, my dad has my copy of the book). I believe he said that it was interesting that on this type of diet that hunger was minimal to non existant and that people dropped a lot of bodyfat.

    I was curious as to your thoughts of this kind of plan for a short term (wedding prep) fat loss. I am usually am on a low carb diet (<20 grams per day) and I have lost but tend to not lose as much because of screw ups (I am one of those people who need the post you just wrote). I was thinking about something more along the lines of 800 calories of just meat and fat for a few weeks and see how I do to get to the next level and punch below 180 lbs for the first time since college

    thank you again for everything

    Assuming everything else is okay, I don’t see a problem with a low-calorie, all-meat diet. Most people following such a diet lose pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Filet Mignon? I'm going to adopt the Dip Diet

    ReplyDelete