Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Betting The Bengali

Morning Weigh-In = 217.6 lbs (After being 216.4 last Thursday morning, I am up 1.2 lbs after 6 days, 4 of which were very poor eating days. I calculated that during these 6 days I had a surplus of approximately 6,000 calories, many of which were in the form of alchol, which tends to even further negatively impact my WL goals). I have set a mini-target of 215 lbs for next Saturday of June 4th, which is Anusha's annual work party. I have little distractions (food wise) until then, which should allow me to eat "clean" for the next 10 days. Assuming a loss of .26lbs/day (Avg 1.82/week), I should attain my goal and be able to let loose (both for my diet and my suit) the weekend after next!

ESTABLISHED BETS:
I have recently made 2 bets, 1 with a very close friend, and the other with a work colleague. To the more minor (and less humiliating if I lose) bet.

#1) With my former workplace colleague- we are doing a simple BL contest in which the person who loses the most weight as a percentage of their starting bodyweight within 13.5 weeks (Today marks day 1, and contest end date is Monday, August 29, 2011) shall be crowned victor- winner shall receive bragging rights and a Happy Hour/Dinner for themselves and their spouse.
That's right Anusha- we'll be drinking some serious beer on Mr. PE come end of summer time.

#2) With my Asian Hulk pal Jon Leong, to whom I've lost 2 bets already- Very Simple:
Acheivement: 195 lbs and 275lb max or greater on the bench press (either free weight or Smith)
Deadline: December 3, 2011
Winner Receives: 3 Blue-Ray DVD's from this upcoming summer's many possible blockbuster hits (I am doling for Fast Five, Captain America, and the last HP movie)
Loser Receives: An insurmountable verbal beatdown and a lifetime of taunting

I have approximatley 27 weeks to meet the WL goal, which equates to an avg loss need requirement of .84lbs/week. In addition, I will have to significantly increase my strength, as I estimate my 1 rep free weight max at only 230 lbs.

FINALLY, TRACKING:

In addition to monitoring my strength and weight-loss, I have decided to take my measurements, and re-evaluate them at periodic (i.e. Every 6-8 weeks) intervals. The measurements were taken yesterday (non-training day so as to not exaggerate results) afternoon.

Chest: 45.5"
Neck: 16.5"
Shoulders: 49"
Right Biceps: 16.125"
Right Fore-arm: 12.125"
Right Leg (Mid-point between Hip & Thigh): 25"
Waist (Measured at Belly Button): 38"

No comments:

Post a Comment