Saturday, March 7, 2009

THREE STEPS FORWARD, 1 AND A HALF STEPS BACK

Morning Weigh-IN = 205.5 lbs

This last week has been abysmal. I will quickly summarize my plan in a few sentences, without detailed elaboration. Saturday & Sunday were very poor diet-wise, not to mention that I went out with friends on Saturday night and drank pretty heavily. I did not visit the gym during the past weekend or this week as well. The only exception to resistance training was a Perfect Push-Up workout on Monday night of about 200 total reps in 10 sets. The effects were good however, as I am still (albeit slightly) sore. The diet during the week was hit and miss (Like I said, BP is not elaborating).

I speculate that the .5 lb weight gain from last Friday however, is pretty much water, as my calories for the week span was at about maintenance intake, or a bit below. Non-withstanding, a gain of .5 pounds after consuming a moderate amount of carbohydrates (which I did) after a long phase of carbohydrate restriction is a VERY small rebound. Basically, I set myself back a week by staying stagnant from last Friday. I take solace in knowing that set backs occur, and that it could have been MUCH worse. From today, I have resumed my eating plan, and will be clean today and Monday. Sunday will be somewhat taxing as I have a morning wedding, and evening reception during which I plan to imbibe a few cocktails with the lady (perhaps a scotch w/some smoke nuts- ha ha). I will attempt to mitigate Sunday’s eating/drinking excursion by practicing moderation.

I also plan to attend the gym this upcoming Monday and Tuesday before my trip- And although I will not be eating PSMF style on my 2 clean eating days, I will be eating relatively low calorie & low carb. Tuesday, 3/10/09 Goal = 204.0 lbs (+4 lbs from original target, due to set-back) I still plan to hit 190.0 lbs by D Day on April 18th, although this past week’s chivalries will make adherence to plan that much more critical when I return from Prague .

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . . March 11th, and no posts? Dare I say 3 steps forward, 3 steps back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that's right!

    It's March 18th and no posts ?!? What happened to Netreon plan?

    ReplyDelete